How to open a beauty salon/ hair salon/ beauty parlor in a few easy steps?
- Company registration, by which you can do business in Bulgaria.
- Tax registration – voluntary under Art. 96 of VAT Act.
- Purchase and registration of cash register (fiscal device).
- Ensure a suitable object in which the activity will be performed – it can be hired (lease contract is required) or private property (title deed is required).
- The purpose of the property should be for business activity, in this context a change of status of the property may be indispensable.
- Certificate of commissioning.
- Observed requirements on fire safety of commercial property – a permit issued by General Directorate Fire Safety and Protection of Population.
- A notification for opening an object of public designation to the relevant regional health inspectorate and obtaining a certificate of registration after verification.
- Possession of master certificate and registration pursuant to Skilled Crafts Act.
- Preparation of internal rules and operation instructions.
- Registration of working time of stationery commercial site – it is done in the relevant municipality.
Our team of experts will advise you on choosing the most appropriate type of company, subsequent registrations and administrative procedures for obtaining the necessary permits and certificates.
New rules for registration of non-profit organizations (NGOs) in BULSTAT Register came into force on 01.05.2016.
The register now functions as centralized electronic registry which implements registration and issuance of reports and certificates of recorded circumstances. Thus any foundation, association, trade union organization or community center will have its own electronic file, similar to the Commercial Register.
The representatives of NGOs will have the opportunity to use automated electronic services of BULSTAT Register – to submit electronic documents and make electronic references.
One of the most important advantages of electronisation of BULSTAT Register is that indication of BULSTAT code of NGO is sufficient to prove the registered circumstances towards the court, local and state authorities, organizations providing public services and banks. Furthermore, all BULSTAT cards issued until 01.05.2016 are now considered invalid document and NGOs are no longer obliged to identify with such card. This will save a lot of additional costs for reference documents, certificates, card, etc.
An application for registration of circumstances in the register can be submitted only by NGOs’ representative or authorized person with notarized power of attorney. An application should be submitted in 7-days (incl. non-working days) from the receipt of court decision for initial registration, re-registration or deletion of NGO.
Business name (known as a firm) is the name under which the trader carries his occupation and shall be signed. It must correspond to the truth, not be misleading and does not undermine public order and morality. Every firm has content prescribed by the law which may include indication of the sphere of activity, the persons involved and freely chosen supplement. The trader is obliged to write firm’s name in Bulgarian, as he could additionally inscribe it in a foreign language.
The trader has an exclusive right over the firm. It can only be used by the trader who has made the registration. It can’t be identical or similar to a trade mark or earlier registered company. The firm can be changed upon request of the trader who has made the registration.
Firm’s name reservation shall have effect for six months and prevents another trader to be entered in the commercial register under the same firm. The reserved firm cannot be estranged and transferred.
Everyone can reserve a firm before submitting the application for registration but the trader must be entered in the commercial register within six months.
Required documents :
- Application for firm’s reservation;
- A document certifying the representative authority of the applicant (when the application is submitted by a representative of the person concerned);
- A document for paid state fee;
You can check whether the chosen name is unique and does not repeat another already registered on the website of the Commercial Register – www.brra.bg. Using the English version, you should select section “References”, then “Rights over company”. In the field “Business name” you are typing the name of the company you wish to register. If an inscription in red “No results found” appears, this means that probably the name is available and can be used.
To be completely sure that the name is free, you need to check also Bulstat Register – http://bulstat.registryagency.bg/. Since the access to it is limited and requires payment, Global Consult Europe can perform this check for you.